Rules and Procedures
Students who enroll in the school agree to the following:
To interact with the teacher-facilitator (TF)
and other students according to the spirit of the teachings of The Urantia Book
· To be respectful of the differing levels of comprehension, diversity of perspective, and varied communication skills of fellow students
· To respect the privacy rights of fellow students by keeping course content, student responses, and discussion within the confines of the classroom
· To adhere to class deadlines and study requirements
· To confine the discussion in the classroom to course topics and The Urantia Book. (Do not include attachments, extraneous materials, or links to other websites.)
The academic year consists of three trimesters with registration and enrollment occurring early in September, January, and April. Each trimester is 10 weeks in duration beginning with Orientation Week, followed by four periods of two weeks each, and concluding with a final week of Essays and Reflections.
Students who fulfill all course requirements will receive a Certificate of Completion.
Becoming a Teacher-Facilitator
In general, to qualify, one must be a lifelong learner and a persistent truth seeker who delights in sharing truth with others.
Are you an experienced reader, having read and
studied The Urantia Book over a
period of several years?
· Have you read the entire book at least once cover to cover, and are in agreement with its teachings?
· Have you successfully completed at least three UBIS courses, and received recommendations from three TFs?
· Do you possess formal or informal computer skills and have the ability to troubleshoot minor problems?
· Do you have adequate time to commit several hours a week for five months for the creation, design, and facilitation of a course?
If so, you may be a candidate for our Teacher Training Program. Upon completion of this 10-week training, and having received a recommendation from your TTP instructor, you will have approximately two months to prepare and edit your original course. As you can see, our volunteers dedicate a significant amount of time and energy to serve as a TF!
"The true teacher maintains his intellectual integrity by ever remaining a learner."—Jesus [1433.2; 130: 3.7]